Paris, France

Paris, France
Paris, Je T'Aime

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Little Taste of Italy


This morning, I woke up and decided to watch TV. I go downstairs and see "Under the Tuscan Sun" playing, so I watched some of it while searching through my 50 pound "Low Fat Cookbook". I found this recipe and it just called out to me. By the time I finished writing it down in my notebook of recipes, I was drooling and could already smell it. It's a rather easy low-fat, Italian appetizer, but sadly, it doesn't come with a Vespa, a coffee and a nice Italian man to complete the picture.

Capri Salad

Ingredients:
-a large tomato for each person
-mozzarella cheese
-fresh basil leaves
-salt and pepper

Directions:
-pre-heat the oven to the broiler setting, and allow 5 minutes or so to heat
-slice the tomatoes so they are medium-thin thickness (you'll end up with about 5 slices)
-once you get to the bottom, make the last slice thin, because you'll end up just throwing it away
-you need to keep the tomato stable once it'll be in the oven, so you'll want a flat bottom
-cut the mozzarella in rather thin slices
-layer a tomato slice, mozzarella, basil in a stack, ending with cheese on top
-place the tomatoes in some sort of baking dish
-place the baking dish in the oven for about 7-9 minutes, until the cheese melts and has a slight golden brown covering
-once finished, season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, and if desired, drizzle with olive oil and more basil
-serve and enjoy immediately!


2 comments:

  1. This actually looks so freaking amazing.
    When I'm successful and rich (LOL, imagine), and you are a 5 star chef, I am going to get you to cater EVERYTHING. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it. (tory you're hilarious)

    ReplyDelete