Paris, France

Paris, France
Paris, Je T'Aime

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For "Mushrooms!"



There is just an endless amount of things you can do with pasta. So many different recipes, yet so little time. Yet again, I made this exactly as the recipe stated, so I am treating you to another "copy and pasted" recipe. Yes, this seems unprofessional, and please excuse me, but I will stop this soon enough. Now this didn't take me long to do at all. Well, actually it kind of did, but that's only because I am very thorough when I cook, so I end up taking forever. However, if I were to make this again, which I definitely will as it was a major hit, I would spend a lot less time fumbling around. Just five words: the mushroom sauce was delicious. It was perfectly creamy and tasty and just perfect. When you make the recipe though, add more mushrooms! There wasn't nearly enough of them for the amount of pasta there was. There can never be too many mushrooms.

PASTA WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
2 servings

freshly cooked pasta
200 g/7 oz mushrooms, cremini, Portobello or common button mushrooms
1/2 clove of garlic
a small bunch of parsley
100 ml/0,42 cup fresh cream
salt
white pepper
butter or extra-virgin olive oil

- Put mushrooms, garlic and parsley in a food processor and run for a minute or two until everything is chopped into small pieces. Or chop by hand, it's pretty quick that way too.
- Cook the mushrooms in butter or olive oil over medium heat until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add cream, pepper and salt and continue to cook until creamy, then add to the freshly cooked and drained pasta.
- Serve as it is or with freshly grated parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment