Paris, France

Paris, France
Paris, Je T'Aime

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Sweet Treat for Valentine's Day




Once I found this recipe online, I just had to make it. I had to. Firstly, it looked delicious. Secondly, it was adorable, with it's Valentine's Day theme. And lastly, I had never made cupcakes before so I figured this was a good starting point! These were simple enough to make and had an extremely delicious and delicate flavour to them. There was only ONE revision I had made to this, which was for the icing, I used about 1- 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar. I despise icing that is composed of only sugar, so I wanted to cut back and it tasted divine. Make these for that special someone to show your true sweet feelings! (Awwwwwwwww!)


Valentine's Day Cupcakes

Ingredients:
3 tbsp strawberry puree (which is running fresh/frozen but thawed strawberries through a food processor)
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg

Frosting:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup of strawberry puree
1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla

Directions:
-for the cupcakes, pre-heat the oven to 350 F
-mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl
-in a small bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla and strawberry puree
-beat the butter in another bowl, and then add the sugar, beating until mixed well
-while mixing on the lowest speed, add the egg, and beat until combined well
-add half of the flour mixture and mix on low, then add the milk mixture, mixing briefly
-add the rest of the flour mixture, mix well again
-into greased cupcake tins, or as I did, into greased muffin tins, add the batter
-bake for 23 minutes

Frosting:
-beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until mixed well, then add a tablespoon of the puree, mix well, then add another tablespoon and mix again

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. anyone wonder what these are like: DELICIOUS. I've tried them myself. K, I want one so bad right now!

    ReplyDelete